A whole, plant food diet does not include alcohol! Even though wine is technically vegan, it is fermented and processed, so it’s not truly a whole food, and does not do the body good. If this makes you sad, don’t worry too much because Garden of Eydie is here to help with a beautiful ‘blended’ grape and hibiscus wine…not! The coloring is similar to that of your favorite glass of red pinot, but our wine-not blend doesn’t come with the downsides of drinking wine and instead is filled with antioxidants, immune boosting polyphenols, anti-aging properties and many more. Can your wine say the same? Pick out your favorite wine glass, and get don’t be afraid to over-pour a little!
- 1 cup dried hibiscus tea leaves
- 2 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup Wyman’s Wild Blueberry Juice
- 3 TB honey (or more to taste)
- Place the hibiscus leaves In a 2-cup or larger measuring cup, then pour boiling water over, and let sit for 20 minutes or more if you prefer a stronger flavor.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into another large measuring cup and push on the solids to remove as much liquid as possible. Let the tea cool completely before adding other ingredients.
- Once cool, add the blueberry juice and honey, then stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until very cold and serve!