This is a special dessert I made for a group of plant-based heroes! In a matter of 8 weeks, these amazing people reversed diseases such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as improved their sight, lost a lot of weight, and got off pills by eating a whole food, plant-based diet! They came to my home for a garden tour and cooking class, and this recipe made them smile! Plus, they learned the fastest, easiest way to peel a mango!
Mango Lime Sorbet
Mango Lime Sorbet
- 3 Red Mangos, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 Alphonso mango (small, yellow mango), peeled and diced
- 3 TB lime juice, or more to taste
- 2-3 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Extra mint leaves for garnish
- Add mint leaves to lime juice and let sit while you prepare the mango.
- Peel the mangoes and roughly chop.
- Strain lime juice and reserve, discarding mint.
- Place the mango and lime juice in a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a rectangular glass Pyrex dish to reach about 1” up the sides of the dish. Spread evenly and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and stir, scraping up frozen bits around the sides of the container to thoroughly combine the frozen mixture with unfrozen mango.
- Place back in the freezer for another 45-60 minutes, or until the mango sorbet is frozen, yet soft enough to serve.
- Using an ice cream scooper, make mango sorbet balls and top with tiny sprigs of mint.
To make in advance: Allow sorbet to freeze solid. Then, prepare a hot water bath to dip the Pyrex dish into. Make sure the water is deep enough to reach ½ way up the sides of the dish. Let the mixture soften for about 5 minutes. Using a fork, scrape up the bottom and mix with frozen pieces. Chop large, frozen sections into smaller pieces to fit in the food processor. Place in Cuisinart and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving: 140 calories, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 34g carborhydrate, 4g fiber, 30g total sugar, 0g added sugar, 2g protein