This smoothie created by Kimberly Snyder, and listed in her book “The Beauty Detox Solution, is the first smoothie I ever had! This is way before I became plant based, and I loved it. In fact, Kimberly was one of my first plant based mentors.
I changed her recipe, a bit by substituting kale for romaine lettuce, just because that’s what’s in my garden. You can use any greens you desire, such as swiss chard, dandelion, collard greens…you name it, the banana and pear and lemon juice will make this high nutrient, antioxidant fiber rich, gorgeous green smoothie one of your faves!
Glowing Green Smoothie
Servings: 60 ounces, 2-3 servings
- 1-½ cups water
- 6 cups organic raw spinach
- ½ bunch organic kale
- 2-3 stalks organic celery
- 1 organic apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 organic pear, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 organic banana
- Juice of ½ organic lemon, or more to taste
- Using a high-speed blender, add the water, spinach and kale, and blend on low speed, mixing until smooth.
- Add the celery, apple, pear and cilantro. Blend, gradually moving to higher speeds.
- Add Banana and lemon juice blend until smooth and enjoy!
You can drink this over a couple of days and the smoothie will still taste good.